Autumn is not only a great time for walking in the autumn forest, but also a time for picking healthy fruits. Ask what kind of fruit can you pick in the forest? Wild pear is a tree with small fruits, but with unique beneficial properties.
Description of pear Dichka
Wild pear or common pear is a wild tree. The bark of the tree is gray, the crown is dense. Fruits are green or yellowish in color, round, stick to the stalks. Blooming in April. Ripening occurs in the first half of September. Fruiting begins from the 8th year of the tree's life.
You can meet the common pear in the forest belts of Russia, in the south of Ukraine, Armenia, and Europe. During the flowering period, an unusual sweetish aroma comes from the tree, which attracts insects. In autumn, ripe, red-sided fruits are inedible, since the pulp is rough, one might even say stony. In order to start eating fruits, they must lie down... The fruits are stored for more than three months. The harvest from an adult tree can reach up to 40 kg.
The plant grows both singly and in groups. The wild pear is not a finicky tree that develops a strong root system in nutrient soils with neutral acidity. Propagated by seeds and root shoots. Mostly you can find abundant pneumatic growth.
A pear is considered a long-liver, it can grow in one place up to 70 years.
The wild pear advantage - This is a vigorous stock, which can be combined with cultivated varieties. The wild tree grows in partial shade and in sunlit areas. In cultural conditions, it is better to plant a pear near the forest.
Advantages and disadvantages, medicinal properties and contraindications
The advantages of a wild pear include the following:
- A healthy fruit that has excellent medicinal properties. The broth can lower the temperature, the pulp has a diuretic effect.
- The composition includes tanninsthat have a beneficial effect on the digestive system.
- Contained natural antibiotic, which is able to stop inflammation.
- Fetus has a bactericidal effect.
- Baked pear beneficial in the treatment of the upper respiratory tract.
- You can use boiled, dried, baked and fresh.
- Tree in spring is an early honey plant.
- The wood of the tree is used in the carpentry shop, thanks to dense and valuable wood.
- Plant bark used for dyeing wool, carpets.
- Fruit is beneficial affects men's health.
- Fruits are rich in vitamins A, B1, B2, E, P, PP, C, folic acid, a number of useful metals, macro- and microelements.
- Frost resistance.
Wild pear contraindications:
- Categorically it is forbidden to eat on an empty stomach.
- It is impossible drink water.
- After eating a pear, it is not recommended to eat meat products.
- Do not eat green fruits.
Features of planting seedlings
Wild pear is planted as field-protective plantings, but you can also plant it in a summer cottage. Unlike other varieties, this type of wild plant tolerates severe frosts well and does not need shelter.
The plant is wild, so in cultural conditions it is better to place it near a deciduous forest. It is necessary to choose a place for landing that is illuminated. The tree is suitable for fertile soil with neutral acidity. It is recommended to water fragile trees more than an adult plant.... Blooms in April, but may bloom later depending on climatic conditions. Reproduction is done by grafting or grafting, but you can also try seeds. When choosing seedlings, choose young trees with a well-developed root system. The most optimal time for planting a young seedling is autumn. In spring, you can plant after thawing the soil.
Please note that the plant should be planted several weeks before the ground freezes.
Conditions for growing wild pear
Everyone knows that the right place for a plant is the key to a rich and healthy harvest. therefore choosing a seat is considered an important step in landing... It should be sunny and sheltered from the winds. Once you have decided, start preparing the landing pit. It must be dug out in advance, its dimensions: width and depth of at least 1 m. Only young plants are planted in the ground, which do not have damage, diseases and they have a powerful root system. Planting can be spring and autumn., but it is better to plant a pear in the fall - in the middle or end of September, when the foliage of the seedlings has fallen out and sap flow has stopped.
The pits were dug, the seedling was picked up, we began to plant. A stake is driven in a hole from the center at a distance of 30 cm, which is necessary for the support and proper growth of a young seedling. Manure, superphosphate, potassium salt are added to the bottom of the pit and mixed with the ground. Shake the pear seedling, straighten the root system and set it in a pit, gradually covering it with earth. The root collar should rise above ground level. The last step is to compact the soil around the tree and water... Watering is required in moderation if there is no drought.
For the first four years, the tree must be fertilized with nitrogen and potash fertilization.
A young seedling can begin to bear fruit only in the fourth year of life.but this may depend on soil and climatic conditions. Flowering occurs in April, harvesting in the second half of August.
Tree care in autumn
Throughout the warm period, the tree was taken care of: watering, treatment from pests, now it is necessary to properly prepare the tree for cold and frost.
- The most important step will be crown trim.
- Insecticide treatment for diseases and pests, which can persist during the cold weather in the bark of the tree, then in the spring they will begin to be active. It is better, after all, to prevent the reproduction of pests and diseases, than to wage an active fight with it later.
- Fertilizing should be carried out in early autumn.
- Digging and deep watering near-trunk circles.
Harvesting and storing crops, the benefits of dried fruits
Fruits are medium in size, ovoid, covered with a thin, but rather dense, rough skin. At the stage of picking, the fruits are greenish-yellow, well-ripened pears of golden-yellow color. The pulp is yellowish, with a sweet and sour taste.
The fruits retain their appearance and taste for six months... A tree can yield more than 20 kg of harvest per season. It is recommended to use the fruits fresh, dried and canned. They can be used for making desserts, juices, wine drinks. Compotes are made from dried fruits.
Features of this variety
- Plucking wild pears from the tree, store in a warm placewhere they ripen. During this time, the pulp turns yellow, loses its firmness, becomes sweet.
- Wild pear fruits are much healthier and richer in active substancesthan conventional varieties. Due to the high content of vitamins, trace elements, minerals, the fruit has disinfecting, tanning properties.
- Pear wood is highly valued in the production of first-class furniture... You can cut it in all directions, removing layer by layer gradually with a chisel.
Diseases and pests, treatments
Leaf gall midge - a dangerous pest of pear, which is a brown insect. The larvae are laid by insects and eat leaf tissues. This leads to outgrowths, the leaves become brittle, yellow and curled. The problem can only be dealt with with insecticides or mechanically. Collect twisted leaves and destroy, be sure to dig up the soil under the trees in the fall.
Medianitsa - a small pest that damages the tree. The insect secretes sticky excrement, which inhibits the development of the tree. The fruits take on an ugly shape, the branches dry out, and the plant weakens. You can protect the tree. To do this, be sure to plow the soil, remove fallen leaves. It is necessary to spray the pear with insecticides (metaphos, ambush, decis).
Scab - affects leaves, fruits and shoots. The infected tree begins to bear fruit poorly, the yield decreases several times. You need to fight dramatically. The tree is sprayed with urea solution or ammonium nitrate solution.
Wild pear is common in appearance and taste. but it has a dignity - these are medicinal propertiesthat the fruit contains. Therefore, such a tree can easily replace a pharmacy.
Wild pear medicinal properties
In folk medicine, both wild pear fruits and leaves, young twigs are used. The fruits are used for medicinal purposes fresh and dried. Wild pears are rich in many important vitamins and minerals, diuretic, astringent and many other medicinal properties that you will learn in detail about in this article.
Wild pear or wild game, as it is most often called among the people, is an ordinary pear, which belongs to the genus of stone fruit trees of the pink family.
Wild pear grows in many countries. It can be found both in America and Asian countries. The Himalayan wild pear is widely known, which grows at an altitude of 700 to 2000 meters above sea level from India, Pakistan to Vietnam.
Our wild pear grows in mixed deciduous forests; it is planted as protective belts along roads and fields. This is a tall tree (its height can reach 17-20 meters) with a smooth trunk, on which there may be a bluish bloom. Since the wild pear has thorns, it can be planted as a hedge. For many cultivars, the common pear serves as a stock.
Wild pear is a fairly cold-resistant plant. Prefers drained, moist soils. But it tolerates drought well, sandy and heavy loamy soils.
It begins to bloom from April to May. Small in size, cylindrical in shape, the fruits begin to ripen at the end of August, September and have a tart-sour astringent taste.
Description and yield
Wild pear occurs in nature in the form of a bush up to 4 m high, or a tree that usually grows no higher than 20 m. This wild species is widespread throughout the south and Central Black Earth Region of Russia, as well as in the Caucasus, Central Asia, and Kazakhstan. Usually grows in deciduous forests as separate trees, and forming whole groves.
Being a wild-growing tree, the tree grows well in partial shade or in areas exposed to sunlight. The ideal soil will be fertile soils with moderate moisture and neutral acidity. Due to the developed root system, the wild game is drought-resistant, and also has a high frost resistance.
Seedlings of this species are often used by many breeders as a rootstock, because the wild game has high compatibility with most cultivars. If you plan to plant a wild variety on your site, choose a place for it near the edge of the forest. Wildlife propagates by grafting, cuttings or seeds.
Begins to bloom in late April with white, less often pink, flowers. This wild species is an excellent honey plant. Trees most often bear fruit at 7-8 years of age, usually at the end of August (but ripening is influenced by weather conditions and the growing region). Fruits are almost round in shape, up to 30 mm in size. A good harvest is repeated every two years. In a productive year, one tree can produce up to 40 kg of fruit. However, the taste of ripe fruits is sour, but they become fragrant and sweet if they lie in a cold room (in the basement) for 2-3 months, because the starch turns into sugar, and the tannins that give the fruit hardness are destroyed.
These trees are long-lived. Usually they live 70-90 years, but there are some specimens up to 300 years old. Cultivated trees live no more than 50 years.
It is worth noting: in addition to the fact that the wild pear is used in folk medicine, the branches of the tree, due to the density and red-brown color of the wood, are popular in carpentry and turning, used for the manufacture of laminated chipboard (laminate).
A photo of a wild pear can be viewed below.
What can be cooked from wild pear
Fruits are of universal use, they are consumed fresh, they are prepared from dried fruits. Wild pears make homemade preparations for the winter in the form of jam, jam, compote, juice.
The recipe for wild pear jam is designed for a two-liter glass jar. You can increase or decrease the amount of ingredients, keeping the specified proportion. To make jam you will need:
- wild pear fruits - 2 kg
- sugar - 2 kg
- water - 0.5 l
- medium-sized lemon - 2 pcs.
Before making the jam, the fruits are revised, the damaged ones are removed, the stalks are removed, washed well, laid out on a napkin to dry.
- Each pear is punctured in several places, so that it is better saturated with syrup.
- Boil over low heat for 10 minutes. so that the peel becomes soft.
- Take out, place in a container with cold water.
- Syrup is prepared: sugar and water are brought to a boil, boiled, stirring constantly until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Wild pears are placed in the syrup, left for a day.
- Then put on fire, boil for 8 minutes, insist for 12 hours.
- The last procedure is repeated, before the end of the heat treatment, juice squeezed from the lemons is added.
For triple boiling, the peel becomes soft, and the fruits acquire a golden hue. The product is poured into pre-sterilized jars, closed with lids, turned over, wrapped. After a day, the jam is ready, it is removed to a permanent storage location.
To make wild game pear jam, you need the following ingredients:
- sugar - 1.25 kg
- water - 0.5 l
- fruits - 1 kg.
Before cooking, the fruit is washed, peeled, cored with seeds. Cut the fruit into 4 pieces. Jam cooking technology:
- Slices of wild game are placed in a container for boiling, poured with water, boiled until the fruits become soft.
- They take it out, put it in a separate bowl.
- Measure the liquid in which the wild pear was cooked, add the missing (according to the recipe) amount.
- The sugar is poured over and kept on low heat until the crystals are completely dissolved.
- Put pears in the prepared syrup, boil for 15 minutes.
- They are removed from the heat, insisted for 4 hours, at this time the jars are sterilized.
- Then the jam is boiled for 10 minutes, pears are packaged in jars, poured with syrup, rolled up with lids.
For the preparation of dried fruits, ripe fruits of wild pears are taken, they must be free of mechanical damage and rotten fragments.
- The fruits are washed.
- Cut into 6 pieces, do not remove the core.
- Place the fruit in 1% citric acid for 1 hour.
- Place in boiling water for 2 minutes. (blanch), then cold.
- Dry in an oven or electric dryer.
You can dry pears in the sun, spreading them in one layer on a cloth. The finished product is stored for no more than 2 years.
Wild pear juice can be eaten fresh or prepared for the winter. Step-by-step instruction:
- The fruits are washed and dried.
- If a juicer is used, the rind is left; when using a meat grinder, the rind is cut off.
- The resulting raw material is squeezed out.
- Put on fire, bring to a boil.
- They taste it, add sugar if desired.
- The juice is boiled for 5 minutes.
- Poured boiling into sterilized jars.
The pear is prone to fermentation, therefore, additional sterilization of juice in cans is carried out:
- 3 l - 35 min
- 1 l - 15 min
- 0.5 l - 10 min.
Roll up lids, wrap up for a day.
Wild pear compote is harvested, as a rule, in three-liter jars. One container of compote will require 0.250 kg of sugar.Cooking sequence:
- The fruit is washed, the stalk and the top are trimmed.
- The jar is poured over with boiling water, fruits are laid (1/3 of the container).
- Pour boiling water over, cover with lids, leave for 30 minutes.
- The water is drained, boiled again, the cylinders are poured, and left for 20 minutes.
- Then the water is drained, sugar is added, boiled until the syrup is ready.
- Fruits are poured with syrup, rolled up with lids.
The medicinal properties of this plant are amazing. Due to the fact that the small wild pear contains a large amount of potassium, it is useful in normalizing blood pressure. The thing is that potassium excellently removes fluid from the human body. As a result, the kidneys, heart and liver remain unloaded, which normalizes the outflow of blood.
Carotene perfectly strengthens blood vessels and regulates the number of platelets in the blood. Glycoside helps to get rid of inflammation in the genitourinary system. Flavonoids are considered excellent antioxidants and help reduce inflammation caused by free radicals. The substance pectin helps to cleanse the body of toxins, which is especially pleasing for people on a diet, because cleansing the body leads to a correct and rapid weight loss. The branches of the tree contain special substances that help rid the body of radiation. Copper is an excellent option for fighting anemia.
Pear for the treatment of constipation and diarrhea
Pears are rich in dietary fiber, most of which are insoluble polysaccharides. Stable bowel function is ensured by the presence of such fibers. Eating pears with peels helps to improve the functioning of the digestive tract, ensures good movement of digested food along the intestines, preventing constipation.
In addition, the fruits contain a small amount of pectin compounds, which also have a positive effect on the functioning of the digestive tract, providing a mild laxative effect.
Dried pears have a higher concentration of tannins due to the removal of water during drying. In addition to fruits, for intestinal disorders, a decoction from the twigs of the first, second year is used. To prepare the broth, take 100 grams of chopped branches and pour a liter of boiling water. Wrap the container well and insist for several hours. Can be brewed in a thermos.
Take the broth half an hour before meals several times a day.
Wild pear useful properties and application
Smoke-dried wild pear
Wild pear is a tree with small, but very useful fruits that help with many diseases. In our country, wild pear grows mainly in mountain forests. The fruits are actively used in the food industry and traditional medicine.
The wild pear contains many substances useful for the human body:
- nitrogenous compounds
- organic acids
- alimentary fiber.
Due to its rich chemical composition, wild pear has become widespread in folk medicine. Compotes, medicinal decoctions, teas are made from its leaves and fruits.
The composition of wild pear contains pectin and tannins, which have a fixing effect, destroy pathogenic microorganisms. This allows the wild pear to be used for indigestion.
Dried wild pear, if taken regularly, prevents the development of diseases of the circulatory system, strengthens blood vessels and capillaries. A decoction or juice from a pear is used as an effective diuretic, and is also included in the therapeutic diet for diabetes.
Regular consumption of wild pear compote prevents the development of prostatitis and other diseases of the prostate gland.
For what diseases are wild pears used?
The main indications for the use of wild pear are the following pathological conditions of the body:
- frequent dizziness
- general weakness, lethargy
- heart palpitations
- urolithiasis disease
- liver and kidney disease
- diseases of the heart and blood vessels
- indigestion, diarrhea.
Ripe raw fruits of wild pear should not be consumed by people with diseases of the stomach and intestines. For such patients, it is useful to eat only boiled fruits. It is undesirable for older people to consume fresh fruits even with a healthy gastrointestinal tract.
You can not eat pears on an empty stomach, and also wash them down with cold water. You should not eat pears at the same time as meat products, as they negatively affect the digestion of protein.
Mode of application
There are several recipes for making wild game pears:
- Compote. Pears are soaked in water for several hours, then washed, poured with fresh water, sugar is added to taste and boiled for 1.5-2 hours. The finished compote is allowed to brew.
- With diabetes. Take a glass of dry fruits, pour 0.4 liters of water and boil for 30 minutes. The finished broth is infused for three hours and drunk 4 times a day, 100 milliliters per dose.
- With diarrhea. A glass of dried fruit is crushed using a meat grinder, add 5 tablespoons of oatmeal, pour 0.8 liters of boiling water and put on fire for 20 minutes. Then the fire is turned off, the drink is insisted for an hour, after which it is passed through a blender and consumed three times a day, 1/3 cup at a time, before meals.
You can buy wild pear in our online store. It is easy to place an order. You need to select the required product, add it to the basket, choose a convenient method of delivery and payment. Delivery of orders is carried out by mail or by a transport company.
Buy wild pear and other medicinal herbs right now in the Native Herbs online store. It's simple, profitable and reliable!