Any viral and infectious diseases are a serious threat to vegetables growing in your garden. Sweet peppers are no less prone to such diseases than other vegetable varieties. So the breeders decided to develop varieties of sweet pepper resistant to various viral and infectious lesions.
Quite a large variety. Each vegetable weighs 410-510 grams (and this is on average). During the season, about 11 kg of the crop can be harvested from one square meter. Each bush is capable of growing up to 100 cm in height. The stem thickness varies between 1-1.5 cm.
The peppers themselves are also not inferior in size to seedlings. Each of them stretches up to 22 cm in length. Atlantic is resistant to tobacco mosaic and other types of infections, but they have one significant drawback - the lack of fruitful seeds. Even if you manage to scrape seeds from it, then they will not give you a harvest. So if you plan to grow this variety every season, you will have to regularly buy seeds for new seedlings.
The taste of the Atlantic is excellent, the vegetables are tasty, juicy and sweet. They are suitable for both curls and fresh salads and other dishes.
Large peppers with a rich yellow hue. At the same time, the seedlings themselves do not grow too high (only 44-52 cm in height). From one square meter of crops, you can gain an average of 7-8 kg of the crop, although the weight of 4-5 kg is usually indicated on the package with seeds (most likely, it all depends on the growing conditions and feeding).
The gladiator is immune to many infectious diseases. The vegetables themselves grow large, the weight of one pepper varies between 260-370 grams. The walls of the vegetable are quite thick (1-1.5 cm), so the variety is perfect for stuffing and curling. The flavor of the vegetables is intense and very sweet, so keep that in mind.
In practice, this variety also gives an average of 7-8 kg (in a favorable season, some gardeners collected even 10 kg) of peppers. Although the weight of 3-4 kg is indicated on the package with seeds. Such differences are due to different soil, climate and care. So the better and more fertile the land and the more careful the care, the richer the harvest will be. In addition, the variety is hybrid, so the inconsistency may also be due to this factor.
Seedlings do not grow too high - only 60-70 cm. The wall thickness of peppers varies within 6-8 mm. The variety is resistant to attacks by aphids, spider mites and various viral diseases. The peppers are sweet but not sugary.
The most massive of the presented varieties. The seedlings can grow up to 1.5 meters in height, so you must tie it up, otherwise you will destroy it. The variety is distinguished by a high degree of productivity: on average, up to 3-4 kg of vegetables can be harvested from one bush.
In shape, the Kakadu peppers resemble a little beak (hence the name), since they bend from below. The walls of each vegetable are quite thick - 6-7 mm. Peppers are born weighty: 500-600 grams each. But there is one important nuance that should not be forgotten if you decide to grow Cockatoo - do not plant these peppers next to cucumbers!
Experienced gardeners also recommend removing all leaves and stepsons from the plant before the first fork. This is important for the fertility and high immunity of the plant.
Rate the article:
(1 vote, average: 5 out of 5)
Share with your friends!
Features of varieties and hybrids of sweet pepper
The most important requirement when choosing planting material is to purchase seeds exclusively from a trusted manufacturer (agricultural company). A quality product is treated with antiseptics, sorted, sometimes sealed in granules with a growth stimulator. Such seeds will give strong shoots and a rich harvest. Before purchasing planting material, decide which varieties of bell peppers are right for you. The choice depends on such factors:
- Taste qualities. Vegetables can smell differently, taste differently. Some peppers are sour, with bitterness, neutral in taste.
- Appearance. Peppers can be cubic, oblong, conical, flattened, round, smooth, or ribbed. Vegetables also differ in color: there are green, red, yellow, orange, purple.
- Wall thickness. The thicker they are, the juicier and tastier the vegetable. At the same time, thin-skinned peppers cook faster and are better saturated with brine.
- Plant characteristics. The bush itself can be sprawling, low, tall, compact, leafy, with a developed or not very root system.
- The size. Varieties can produce small peppers suitable for pickling or stuffing. Large vegetables are more suitable for salads, as they are meaty and juicy.
- Resistance to diseases, climatic conditions, parasites.
- Price. You can buy high-quality planting material exclusively from trusted manufacturers, while the cost of hybrids will be many times more expensive.
- Breeding features. The culture can be hybrid or varietal. The latter species appeared as a result of artificial or natural selection. Such plants are adapted to a specific climate and soil composition, so a specific growing region is chosen for them. The advantage of varietal crops is the ability to collect seeds from ripe peppers - this helps to save on seed for the next season. Hybrids are obtained by crossing different types of crops. Moreover, such plants are always better than their "parents": they mature earlier, are productive, unpretentious in care, etc. The disadvantages of hybrids are the impossibility of collecting seeds and inability to certain growth conditions.
One of the most important criteria for choosing seeds is their ability to adapt in a particular climatic zone. Better types of pepper for central Russia are varieties and hybrids that are resistant to sudden temperature fluctuations, high humidity, pests, diseases characteristic of the area in which they are planned to be planted.
1. Apricot favorite
An early ripe sweet pepper variety has a consistently high yield. Designed for growing in a greenhouse, however, many gardeners are very successful in planting it in open ground. The bush is undersized, only 40-50 cm high. Fruits are conical in shape, and smooth and shiny in appearance, with a wall thickness of 7 mm. During the period of technical ripeness, peppers are light green, biological - bright orange.
Many people fell in love with this variety due to, although not large, but very juicy fruits. Apricot Favorite great for both fresh consumption and canning.
Sweet pepper varieties
Fragrant, juicy fruits of bell pepper
Demand gives rise to supply, and since bell peppers are popular and in demand not only among gardeners, but also on a global scale, the seed market is replete with a variety of varieties of bell peppers, differing not only in taste, but also in terms of fruiting, agricultural technology.
New categories and hybrids
Specialized shops provide gardeners with a wide selection of the very best varieties and hybrids of bell peppers.
Accordingly, hybrid plants have attractive fruits with excellent appearance, excellent taste, stable and high yields. These seeds are usually labeled with the letter F1.
These popular hybrids include:
- Gypsy F1
- Tamara F1
- Claudio F1
- Paris F1
- Hercules F1.
To find out what are the most popular peppers this year, you need to introduce all the new varieties, not just hybrid ones.
These categories include:
- Big mom
If all the rules are followed consistently, early varieties will create a rich harvest. Timely watering and saturation with the necessary fertilizers will have a beneficial effect on the taste of the fruit.