Today, it may even seem strange that radishes were previously considered an unusual and overseas vegetable. Some attributed to him mystical properties, either elevating his capabilities, then presenting him as something frightening and strange.
But in any case, it is worth noting that this vegetable helps to improve memory and increase immunity, having in its composition a huge amount of useful vitamins and minerals.
So that your harvest is worthy, and your efforts are not in vain, it is important to choose a variety that will taste good, give birth well and be able to attract attention with its appearance. After all, it is this product that needs to be served in the future.
The most popular among all varieties are:
- French breakfast;
- The Red Giant is a late vegetable. It is special in that its roots can be stored in a cool place for several months... Such a crop ripens in 30-50 days. The variety got its name due to the size of the radish. The mass of such a vegetable can reach 0.3 kg;
- Zlata has bright golden color of the fruit with a slightly rough surface. The ripening period is 22-28 days. The weight of a medium-sized radish is 21 grams;
- Cherry Bella is a wonderful root vegetable that is distinguished by mild taste... It can be planted from April and the whole summer until September. In this case, the length of the day is completely unimportant for cultivation. It has a light taste with a slight spice.
- Early red;
- Rondar F1;
- Lightning F1;
- Child F1.
For planting in open ground
- Ramtosh differs in that it is not at all capable of throwing out flowering. The root crop is white and fusiform in color. The pulp is white and tender with a medium-sharp taste. The variety is suitable exclusively for planting in the open field;
- Würzburg the variety can be harvested after 30-40 days after planting the seeds. The shape of its root crop is round according to the description. Its color is red with a slightly raspberry tinge. The pulp of the fruit retains its taste for a long time and does not deteriorate. That is why it is recommended to plant it not only in greenhouses, but also on open ground;
- Chupa Chups - a variety that in appearance is somewhat reminiscent of lollipops. Its roots are just as shiny and vibrant. The vegetable is very much to the taste of the kids. Since it is not spicy, but even a little sweetish. It is recommended to plant seeds in April and May at intervals of ten days if there are problems with germination. Up to 3 kg can be collected from one square meter of the site;
- Camelot can be planted both outdoors and in a greenhouse. The growing season averages about 23 days. The pulp is firm and oily. It has a snow-white color. If you store the radish correctly, it will retain its taste for a long time;
- Cherry Bella.
- Red giant;
- Ice icicle stands out from other varieties in appearance... White root vegetable, slightly pointed towards the bottom in the shape of a cone. It reaches almost 20 cm in length. It tastes good, crispy and juicy, has a slight sharpness and a slight bitterness. The harvest of this variety can be harvested after 25 days, while the vegetable will reach its marketable appearance after 40 days;
- Dungan 12/8 stands out among all other varieties for its yield... From one square meter of land, you can get a practical 4 kg of yield. The ripening period of the vegetable is 40-55 days;
- Würzburg radish;
- The autumn giant is white in color, oblong in shape and has a pleasant taste. The average weight of one fruit is 80-150 grams. Practice shows that this vegetable is stored and does not grow old for about six months... Its ripening period is 25-30 days.
This is an early ripening vegetable, which you can harvest literally in 22-23 days.
Early maturity is possible subject to suitable weather. This root vegetable is crimson on the outside and white on the inside.
To taste, the French breakfast has light note of pungency and bitterness... Many people note that this is a very juicy radish. The weight of a standard medium-sized root crop ranges from 15-20 grams.
A variety of 18 days, which becomes clear from the name, is considered the earliest root vegetable, which is distinguished by its elongation and cylindrical shape. The average weight of the root crop is about 18 grams.
The outside color of the vegetable is pink with a white tail. Whereas the pulp is snow-white and dense. By its taste, radish is distinguished by a weakness of spice notes.
It is a hybrid variety that can be harvested within 18-19 days after planting the seeds. The root crop has a bright red or even crimson color. The average weight of a radish is 30-35 grams.
Do not forget also about high yield varieties. About 4 kg of radish can be harvested from one square meter. The plant tolerates heat well and is resistant to flowering.
This variety is recommended to be planted not only in the greenhouse, but also in the open field.
It showed good resistance to shooting. The root vegetable is pink in color and has a whitish tip. The vegetable is round and beautiful in shape. It also shows excellent qualities in taste.
Features of Radish Heat
Radish Heat belongs to the early maturing variety. Fruits ripen about twenty days after the emergence of the plant.
The radish root crop is distinguished by its roundness and smoothness of its outer side. By color, it is a red vegetable with a slight raspberry tint. The mass of a medium-sized radish is about 30 grams. Its flesh is white.
The pulp of the root vegetable is dense and juicy. Practical bitterness is not felt, although a hint of pungency is still present. The taste of the Zhara radish is quite high.
You can grow radishes by planting seeds in open soil or under a film covering.
It is customary to use radishes fresh or to add to salads.
Initially, this vegetable variety was bred for hot countries. That is why root crops better tolerate high temperature readings than low ones.
Especially a vegetable afraid of freezing... This type of radish is distinguished by good protection against various kinds of diseases and flowers.
- to get a decent harvest, you need to choose the right site for planting. In our case, this is the place where the snow is likely to melt. Thanks to this, you can get a fresh harvest as quickly as possible. The best option would be a soil that is different lightness and high fertility;
- the previous plants that were previously planted on the site can be all vegetables and berries, with the exception of the cruciferous family;
- before planting, the soil must be fertilized;
- most experts advise planting a crop in the last decade of April... If something went wrong, then you can re-land. But this is already in a couple of weeks;
- as soon as the first shoots appear, it is worth regularly loosen the ground;
- radish loves soil with high humidity, so do not allow the soil to dry out;
- if the crop has risen extremely thickly, you need to thin it out. The distance between individual roots must be at least 50 mm;
- if it is planned to plant plants in summer, it is recommended to shade the area. This is the only way to preserve the taste of the vegetable;
- to grow radishes in early spring or late autumn, it is worth additionally using film coatings.
A good harvest is always a lot of effort and labor of the gardener. And planting radish in this case is no exception. It is important to adhere to all the rules and recommendations that we considered in the article, and then beautiful and tasty root vegetables will decorate your table.
The best varieties of radish for open ground
Although celery is mentioned in the ancient Greek chronicles, it has been really widely grown and used in cooking relatively recently. This aromatic plant has become very popular for its flavoring and medicinal properties. Today everyone who loves and knows how to cook willingly uses celery in their dishes. The cultivation of this crop is not particularly difficult, but in order to obtain the maximum yield, you need to know about some of the nuances.
- The best varieties of stalked celery for Siberia
- Types of celery
- Varieties for planting in the country
- Radish varieties for open ground
- Features of growing root celery
- Features of growing celery
- Beneficial features
- Mr. Summer resident advises: how to harvest and preserve the celery crop
- How long stalked celery is stored
- Technology for growing cabbage of different types in the open field
The list of the most well-proven varieties includes:
The fruits ripen 18-20 days after sowing. Root crops are even and smooth, rounded, deep red. On average, one fruit can weigh up to 15 grams. The pulp of the fruit is crispy, juicy, does not have a bitter taste. The peculiarity of this radish variety is in its leaves. They are not rough in the plant and are suitable for eating in salads.
A hybrid variety of radish. The fruits ripen on the 16th day of sowing. The variety is famous for its high yield rates. This variety is resistant to shooting. Root crops are red, regular round shape. The pulp is dense, juicy, with a slight pungency. It is recommended to grow this variety in the summer. Not picky about care, the fruits can be stored for a long time in the refrigerator or cellar.
The fruits ripen 18 days after sowing. Root crops are deep pink, cylindrical in shape. The pulp of the fruit is juicy, tender, does not have a bitter taste. Seeds of this variety can be planted both in greenhouses and in open ground. You can plant early, the variety tolerates minor frosts well.
The fruits ripen on the 16th day after sowing. Root crops are bright red, rounded. The pulp is very juicy, white, does not taste sharp and does not have a bitter taste. The fruits have a presentable presentation. The radish variety is resistant to peeling. The fruits do not crack during the ripening process.
A hybrid variety of radish. The fruits ripen 16-18 days after sowing. The variety is famous for its high yield (up to 3.5 kg per m2). Root crops are dark red, rounded. The fruits are large. One fruit can weigh up to 35 grams. The pulp of the fruit is juicy, sweet, not friable. Seeds can be planted starting in April. This is one of the best varieties of radish for planting in open ground in the regions of the Moscow region.
In addition to the early-ripening varieties of radishes, which were described above, gardeners grow late-ripening varieties of this culture on summer cottages and in greenhouses. In such species, the technical ripeness of root crops occurs in about 36–45 days after planting the seed. As a result, the harvest from such beds can be harvested either in the second half of summer, or in early autumn.
Due to the late ripening of the crop, such varieties are planted in open ground at the end of May. Sowing seeds at the beginning of June is allowed. To get a good harvest, the timing of planting should be determined depending on the region of growth of the crop.
Often gardeners try to plant late-ripening varieties along with early-ripening varieties. Then the radish can be harvested all season.
The following varieties are considered the best late-ripening radishes.
It is sometimes referred to as an average crop ripening rate species. Ripening of radish occurs within 25-35 days, which have passed since the sowing of seeds. The vegetables here are round and have a red skin. Their diameter is from 3.6 to 4.2 cm. If the radish has overgrown, then its skin does not crack.
The pulp can be pinkish or white in color. It has excellent taste and is almost devoid of bitterness. The pulp is crispy and juicy.
Such a radish weighs about 14-18 g. The yield of the variety depends on the region in which the crop is grown. In the case of long-term storage, vegetables remain fresh and beautiful.
Plants have good immunity and effectively resist a wide variety of diseases.
Rampous is a fairly popular late-ripening radish variety that is often grown by gardeners in our country. The technical maturity of vegetables here occurs 35-45 days after planting.
Root crops are spindle-shaped and elongated. The skin, together with the pulp, is white. The taste of vegetables is pleasant, not very spicy. There is no bitterness.
This type of radish is resistant to shooting. This variety is used exclusively for planting outside greenhouses.
The most popular type of radish, which is characterized by late maturation of the underground part of plants, is the Red Giant. It is actively grown in fields and gardens. The formation of the crop here takes place from 35 to 50 days.
The vegetables are large. They have a red skin and a juicy flesh. The pulp of root vegetables contains a lot of vitamin C. Their weight is 80-300 g. From 1 square meter, you can collect up to 4 kg of vegetables.
Root crops, when the right conditions are created, can be well stored for several months. The crops can be stored in the refrigerator or cellar. However, in the process of storage, vegetables gradually lose their commercial qualities. They become hollow and flabby.
As you can see, there are many wonderful varieties of radishes that will feel great in an open garden and give a bountiful tasty harvest. The difficulty of growing here lies only in the fact that you need to choose several species from such a chic assortment.
Medium early varieties of radish
Outdoor radish varieties belonging to the mid-early category ripen within 23-30 days from the moment of planting.
Sachs. Low yield: on average 1.6 kg / m 2 ... Root crops have a regular rounded shape, red-raspberry color. Ripen at the same time.
Slavia. It does not have a high yield. The root crop has an elongated cylindrical shape with a long tail. The mass of one root crop is 40-45 grams. The pulp is white and juicy. During growth, this type of radish, intended for open ground, is slightly raised above the ground.
Rose red with a white tip. Its appearance is fully consistent with the name. It has small, dense and juicy oval roots. The yield is average.
Helios. Radish is yellow and round in shape. It has a delicate taste. Has an average yield.
Ruby - an excellent variety for planting in the open field, with a good yield. The fruits ripen around the end of the fourth week after sowing. Radish has the correct rounded root shape, which is colored bright red. The vegetable is very sweet and juicy with a slight spice. The yield per square meter ranges from 1.2 to 2.3 kilograms. This type of radish is prone to rapid flabbiness, therefore it does not differ in its special keeping quality. The best yield is observed in greenhouse conditions. The vegetable is moderately resistant to flowering.
Radish varieties for the Moscow region
It is also worth mentioning the best varieties of radish for the Moscow region, since not every vegetable is suitable for growing in this region. They are optimal for both greenhouses and open ground.
A radish that reaches technical maturity in about 22 days. Root crops have a round-oval shape, brightly colored, pleasant to the taste. There is no extra pungency or bitterness.Up to 2 kilograms of radish can be harvested from a square meter, although some summer residents achieve better results. The crop is easily transported over long distances, it is not prone to spoilage.
The plant has round roots, each of which weighs about 40 grams. Radish ripens in 25 days. The flesh is firm and white with moderate pungency. Productivity - from 2 to 2.2 kilograms per square meter. Experts highly appreciate this variety.
A type of white radish that looks more like a radish because of its long shape. Fruit weight - up to 50 grams. The pulp is very dense and juicy, there is a sharpness. Great for salads. The yield is quite high - up to 4.2 kilograms of root crops can be harvested per square meter. Aging takes 25 to 35 days.