Even old, leaky barrels are transformed in the landscape of our summer residents, becoming unusual flower beds and seats in playgrounds. But even healthy barrels, set up specifically to collect rainwater, do not always fit into the landscape, especially if they stand under every cornice and drain. And here summer residents have to make sacrifices: either close their eyes to the unaesthetic picture, or move the barrels away, depriving their beds of life-giving moisture. But only the second option does not suit the owners, on whose site there is no central water supply or well. One thing remains: to decorate the barrels so that they become part of the landscape, and not its warts.
Methods for dissolving barrels in the landscape
Before choosing a way to decorate a barrel, you need to think over the general design of the place where the containers are installed. If there are flower beds, then it is worth looking for design options that will be most harmonious surrounded by flowers. If the containers are near a playground or a recreation area, the decor can be completely different: bright, defiant, attracting attention.
Even the most unprepossessing barrel can fit into the landscape by choosing decor in accordance with the style and color scheme of the yard.
Consider what options for decorating barrels look good in the flower bed area.
So that ugly metal barrels are not conspicuous, the easiest way is to dissolve them in the landscape, making them as invisible as possible. You can simply dig the container up to half into the soil, and plant shrubs densely in front of the upper part. They will create a green wall by hiding the old metal. But when digging the container into the ground, it is imperative to wrap the lower part in several layers of film so that moisture from the soil does not accelerate the corrosion of the walls.
Packing in moss
Decorating the barrel with moss can be an original design option. To do this, you need forest moss and twine, well dried in the shade. Starting from the bottom, the moss is applied in layers to the barrel and fixed with twine. One cannot cope with such work, since one person will hold the moss on the wall of the container, and the second will wrap the twine in a circle.
Most often, decorative fences or baskets are woven from vines and other flexible trees. But in our case, this method can be used to decorate barrels. A container hidden in a willow basket will look spectacular both against the background of flower beds and in a recreation area.
A barrel hidden inside a wicker basket seems to dissolve into the general landscape, and this decor looks most impressive on rustic-style plots
Instructions for creating a willow box:
- In winter, in January, you need to prepare branches. You can use willow, dogwood and other shrubs growing in your forests. Try to make it before February to avoid weakening the tree with late pruning.
- The length of the branches should be enough to braid your barrel (this is about 1.7-2 meters).
- For the base of the basket, cut thick and even branches, 2-3 cm in diameter. For 1 barrel, 7-8 pieces are enough. Their height should be 25-30 cm higher than the height of the container (to drive the branches into the ground).
- Fold the stock until spring under a canopy or in a cold utility room.
- When the soil thaws, you can start creating decor. 2-3 days before, throw all branches (except 8 thick ones) into a container of water so that they are completely submerged. Soaked stems bend well and take the desired shape.
- Sharpen the end of the supporting branches with a knife and drive them into the ground in a circle so that the barrel fits freely inside. Those. the diameter of the base of the basket should be 10 cm greater than the diameter of the bottom of the barrel.
- The container can already stand inside (if it is bulky), or it is inserted after, when the weaving is finished.
- Weaving starts from the back, invisible to the eyes. The ends of the thin branches are nailed to the supporting branches with small carnations.
- The essence of weaving: it is necessary to thread each twig between vertically driven branches so that it passes either in front or behind the pegs.
- To make the twigs settle more tightly, tap them on top with a wooden mallet.
If the barrel needs to be hidden in the shortest possible time, paint it in a dark green or spotted (camouflage) color. Against the background of plants, such a barrel is almost invisible.
Sometimes it is enough to paint the barrel in shades of green foliage or camouflage - and it will transform into a fashionable element of landscape design.
Spectacular ways of coloring barrels
It happens that the barrels are in a place where there are no green spaces, flower beds, and therefore immediately draw attention to themselves. In this case, it is necessary to turn the old container into a spectacular element of the landscape that complements the overall picture.
In the playground area
It is advisable not to put such barrels in the children's area at all, because, filled with water, they pose a danger to curious mischievous people. Without fail, such containers are covered with tight lids that the child cannot rip off. Cut a circular hole in the lid so that rainwater can drain into the barrel when you are away. But in this case, the container should always stand in one place, exactly under the water outlet from the drain.
You can paint the barrels with the brightest and most cheerful colors. The easiest way is to depict funny faces by covering the entire barrel with one color and drawing eyes, a nose and a smile against its background. Kids especially like images of ladybirds, butterflies, frogs. If you cut out a stencil (and there are many of them on children's sites in the coloring section), then you can print whole cartoon plots with a sponge.
The bright and playful design on the barrel will attract the attention of kids, so do not forget to properly strengthen it and cover it with a lid for safety.
In a seating area or patio
Children's drawings on barrels are not suitable for adult recreation. They will be too ridiculous against the background of a barbecue, hammocks or outdoor furniture. In this area, it is best to paint the barrels with paint cans, creating a kind of graffiti on them. It just seems that learning how to draw is difficult. In fact, it all depends on the technique and accuracy of execution.
Here's how to make a floral design on a barrel. They buy several cans of paint (the most reliable ones are for painting cars), rubber gloves and goggles so that the smallest particles of paint with the wind do not get into the eyes during painting. One spray can be with the lightest possible paint (white, pale blue, etc.). In the garden, branches of different sizes and types are cut with a beautiful leaf shape.
Look for trees and bushes with carved leaves, as they give a beautiful pattern when painted and make the barrel a true artistic masterpiece.
All corroded areas on the barrel are cleaned with emery paper or a metal brush. The entire surface is treated with an anti-corrosion compound and allowed to dry.
The final step is staining:
- The barrels are turned upside down and placed on a raised platform (chair, table, etc.).
- Apply the base paint (the lightest) to the entire outer surface of the container, evenly covering the walls with it.
- When the paint dries, a contrasting background is blown over it in vertical stripes.
- A branch is applied to the wall and the darkest paint is applied on top of it. It will form a contour around the leaves, and the lighter color will remain in the middle.
- Thus, the entire outer surface of the container is designed.
- You can apply the leaves in one layer, or you can apply the next one on top of one (when the first batch of patterns is dry).
- After complete drying, turn the barrel over and paint the inner surface (about 20-30 cm from the edge). Then old metal will not be thrown into the eye, which reduces the visual effect of the picture.
In addition to plant design, barrels can be decorated with inscriptions, wise sayings, by printing each word on a printer and cutting out the letters to make a stencil.
Layered compositions look richer, but they take more time to create, since each layer of paint must be allowed to dry
You can create a landscape on the surface of the barrel from any season, if you choose the right colors: green for summer, yellow for autumn, etc.
Luxurious decor options
If the landscape near the house is solid, with sculptures, fountains and other paraphernalia, then the painted barrel will look sparse. Here it is worth using materials that are already found in the decor of the territory. For example, overlay the container with stone, pebbles or mosaics. Only when using mosaics or small pebbles, choose the right adhesive mixture. It must be frost-resistant and suitable for metal (if the barrel is metal). Liquid nails also received good reviews from summer residents. The rest of the technology is common, as when laying any mosaic decor.
Some summer residents so skillfully hide the walls of the barrel under mosaic or foam that the product takes on the features of an antique and expensive thing.
The barrel can be used to make an excellent pedestal for a garden sculpture by covering the top with a half-cut lid. This is enough to place a gnome or a frog, and there will be a hole for a drain of water. The main decorative material will be polyurethane foam. Any form of pedestal can be blown out of it: like a slide and a column, with an extension from the bottom or top. It all depends on your imagination.
The main points of registration:
- For a strong adhesion to the metal, wrap the barrel with a serpentine net, and already blow the foam over it.
- To make extensions, tie plastic bottles to the barrel, and on top secure a sheet of thin insulation, such as izolon, with tape.
- The foam is applied in one layer over the serpyanka and isolon, evenly covering the barrel.
- Wait 4-5 days until completely dry.
- The excess is cut off.
- The finished pedestal is coated with a primer, and on top with paint for outdoor use.
If at least one of our ideas has awakened your imagination - try to restore your old barrels. You will see how an old container can become a spectacular element, while maintaining the basic function of collecting water.
Rate the article:
(5 votes, average: 4.2 out of 5)
Share with your friends!
Making flower beds and flower beds with your own hands: Page not found -
It is difficult to imagine a garden without flowers. Flower beds decorate the landscape design, thereby hiding its flaws and emphasizing its main advantages. That is why flower beds should occupy an honorable and most prominent place on the site. In order for handmade flower beds to look beautiful in any weather, you need to take into account and observe many important nuances. There are four general rules for creating an attractive flower garden.
- Plants should always be planted higher towards the center.
- Color combinations should be in harmony.
- In the center, it is better to rarely plant flowers, and on the contrary, it is tight around the edges.
- When designing, it is better to avoid complex patterns, beauty is in simplicity.
Observing these simple nuances, it is very easy to give the site freshness and originality. It is not necessary to choose only colors that are compatible with each other. Contrasting flowers will look good in one composition. Most are trying to create flower beds that are combined with all the buildings on the site.
Mixborder version in the shade, the main tone is set by hosts and coleus.
What to look for before decorating any flower bed?
Before you start creating beautiful flower beds, you need to remember about the right soil, lighting, humidity. In most cases, it depends on the type of flowers planted. There are certain guidelines to follow.
Lighting should be optimal for all types of flowers planted so that the plants are in direct sunlight for at least seven hours a day. All plants must be light-requiring.
Determine the type and acidity of the soil. For better growth and flowering acidity, the type can be slightly corrected or completely changed. To give it better aeration, you can add compost, sand. Use chalk to improve the acidified type. We must not forget about mineral, organic fertilizers. Add them to any type of substrate.
Water should not stagnate in the soil. This is especially true for melt water. If you do not follow a simple rule, putrefactive processes will arise in tubers, rhizomes, bulbs of perennial plants. In addition to putrefactive processes, the root respiration of flowers will be difficult or, in the worst case, completely stop.
What are the types of flower beds near the house?
Several flower beds can be placed on one site, regardless of its size. All of them can be performed in different styles. In this case, their sizes must be taken into account. There is a rule of the golden ratio, it states that their size ratio should be 3: 5: 8.
In general, there are several types of flower beds:
- Mixborder... As mentioned above, the flower garden is made in accordance with the main rules, tall flowers are planted in the center and rarely, and low ones are densely planted at the edges. The colors are in harmony with each other. She looks like this
- Curb... These are seated on the sides of the tracks. Their color does not have to be solid. Usually the color is selected depending on the landscape design or the individual preferences of the owners.
- Monoclumba. Such views prove that beauty is hidden in simplicity. A pleasant solid color can stand out from the rest of the colors, or it can be in harmony with them.
- Flowerpot... They have become widespread due to the fact that they can be transferred to different parts of the garden. They look beautiful almost everywhere.
- Regular... It is ideal for a large area with a small pond or fountain.
- Rockery. Ideal for decorating a fence or home. This design shows all the creative nature of the residents.
- Rabatka. A clear band of various colors in a strict, often geometrical, thoughtful form.
- Vertical... Such compositions can stand in the middle of the site or serve as a fence.
- Group. They combine completely different, dissimilar plants. If you follow the above rule that large plants should be in the center, then such plantings will decorate absolutely any area.
When choosing one or another type, consider first of all where the flowers will grow. Near the house, curbs are most often planted or flowerpots are installed. And the vertical one will look the best on the wall of the building. There are frequent cases where the two types are combined. For example, curb and group. It looks especially attractive if the color is different.
How to make a flower bed?
The composition should be higher than the rest of the landscape. Make it just out of the ground or using different materials. For example, to create flower beds, materials such as are used:
- natural stone
- wooden planks
- bricks, fortan.
With the help of a stone, they create any pattern for a flower garden. Before you start, draw or find diagrams of beautiful flower beds, then be guided by them. Even a woman can easily cope with such work, because the stone does not require complex installation work.
When the shape and dimensions are chosen, you need to lay out a small fence made of stones of the required height around the perimeter. The stones should fit very tightly together. Fix them with cement mortar for the durability of the structure. Remove a small layer of soil inside, up to about 15 centimeters. Fill the hole with sand, gravel or rubble. Now cover the stone building with earth, plant the plants.
Here are examples of how to decorate a flower garden beautifully with a stone.
A flower bed made of wooden boards will fit perfectly if there is a wooden house or a gazebo on the site. All selected planks must be sanded. After that, you must first cover them with a sealant, then varnish. Having chosen the desired shape, you need to drive the pegs into the ground, and then install the planks around the perimeter. The composition is created from the pegs themselves. To do this, they are simply driven into the ground close to each other.
Many people have materials after construction, in this regard, the question arises of how to make a flowerbed of logs? It is quite easy to make such a flower garden if you follow all the steps and rules. The diameter of the logs should be approximately the same. The logs that will be at the bottom need to be cut lengthwise by ½ of the diameter. After you need to prepare the material to increase the height of the walls. Further, the sequence of actions is as follows:
Brick compositions on any land will look good. In skillful hands, flower beds are both perfectly even and with curved shapes.
Brick buildings must be erected on a solid concrete base. And if you plan to connect it to the walls of the house, then be sure to install waterproofing so as not to damage the wall.
So, when the surface of the base is well dried, start laying the bricks. Leave a few seams unfilled in the bottom row. Because it is necessary to provide drainage holes. When laying, periodically check how level the walls are.
A clear line of a flower bed near the house is half the battle. In the photo gallery below there are a lot of possible options. Wooden: from the remains of beams, from slabs, bent tree trunks, wicker from branches, miniature similarities of stone fences - the stone is generally very beautiful, you can create a kind of stone stream along the flower bed, use both huge boulders and small pebbles. Also used: bricks of various types, concrete, plastic bottles, a flawless line along the lawn looks very beautiful, an ornamental cabbage border is original.
The easiest ways to beautifully arrange a flower bed near the house
Many do not know how to decorate a flower bed beautifully, so as not to make efforts and not use a lot of material. There are several of the easiest ways.
- Use an earthen embankment to create a slight elevation
- Flower beds should not merge with the ground.
- Then shape the area with a ruler or cord.
- Now plant your plants.
To prevent the flower garden from overgrowing with other plants, weeds or grass from the city, it must be fenced off.
To protect it, pour gravel around the edges, place heavy stones on top. Compositions that are fenced with a small stone border look very aesthetically pleasing.
Another easy way to decorate a flower bed: place flower pots on top of each other to hold, secure with glue.
The mono flower is considered one of the simplest. It adds style and elegance to the space. One type of flowers should be planted on a small hill, fenced off with stones.
With such simple flower beds, you can seat the entire site. The main thing is to fence them from each other with rubble, stone chips, small cobblestones.
About creating a flower bed from letniki on video
What could be simpler than a flower bed of summer houses? This is not a long-term project, even if some mistakes are made, they can be easily corrected next year. About creating a flower bed from summer houses, as well as many other recommendations:
Ideas for coloring
A beautifully painted container does not need to be hidden away from prying eyes, it will harmoniously fit into the landscape design of the summer cottage. The choice of place depends on its purpose and subject of the drawing. If children are resting at the dacha, images of fairy-tale characters will organically complement the playground, especially if the painted barrel is used as a flower bed. Floral themes, butterflies or other representatives of flora and fauna as a pattern can decorate a front garden, vegetable beds or a barbecue area. This is very practical from the point of view of the proximity of the water for irrigation.
There are several options for painting the barrel:
- The presence of artistic skills allows you to choose a suitable image, and then transfer it to the barrel.
- Lack of creativity is not an obstacle to the creative design of the summer cottage. All kinds of stencils will allow you to transform the barrel in accordance with your own ideas about beauty.
- The painted barrel looks original, where all family members left handprints as a decoration.
Having stopped the choice on the first method of decoration, the subject matter of the image can be different:
- The presence of children at the dacha obliges to take care of their aesthetic perception. Heroes of fairy tales and cartoons, funny animals or insects are the most popular version of the painted barrel. If you want to combine rest in the country with unobtrusive activities, apply colorful letters and numbers to the container.
- Favorite flowers and ornaments are quite a favorite theme for decorating a barrel in the country.
- The painted container can depict funny, mischievous and loving faces.
The use of a stencil also gives free rein to imagination. You can make it yourself or buy it ready-made. Stars, flowers and other vegetation are a good option for an attractively painted barrel. Using living leaves of trees as stencils for decoration is a favorite technique of many novice dacha designers. The following photos will help you get an idea of the originality of the painted barrels:
Original ideas for the garden (58 photos): flower bed decoration and landscape design
Gone are the days when the garden was considered a livelihood.
Wicker decorative fence for berries
Gardeners are increasingly trying to pay attention not only to agricultural techniques, but also take time to decorate the garden and landscape, realizing interesting design ideas and creative imagination with their own hands.
Flower beds, mini-ponds, and other landscape designs are connected to the work of turning the garden into a magical place.
A wattle fence as an idea for a garden or a summer residence presents interesting solutions for the design and decoration of the site. It, of course, will not replace modern functional barriers, but to create with your own hands the fabulous mood of the Pushkin and Gogol times - just right!
The best material for wattle fence is willow twigs. But they are in no way inferior, for example, bushes of raspberries, cut to renew the garden. By combining rods from different bushes, you can create an original color scheme of the wattle fence and its embossed pattern (twisting rods of different thicknesses).
Strong poles are used as pegs on which the rods are woven. But the poles tend to rot in the soil layer, so they are regularly replaced. In order to prevent such painstaking work, you can use pieces of pipes with diameters of 15-20 mm instead of poles. Since pipes are much more reliable than poles, they can be driven into the ground less often, and vertically woven into the gaps between the pipes without driving in sections of thick branches. Such a design is not only more reliable than the traditional one, but it is also much easier to weave, since there is no need to think about the reliability of the supporting poles.
As a decor and additional mood, you can hang clay pots with funny faces drawn on the poles protruding from the wattle fence.
Wicker for garden decorationHigh wicker fence for summer cottages Wicker fence for decoration of flowers and plants Wicker fence for a garden plot
What to hide, flower beds are those country or garden decorations that gardeners are especially proud of. The selection of flowers of various colors, the shape of their petals, the flowering periods, the height of the stems, the density of the leaves, the aroma - this is only a part of the floral design that the gardener focuses on when forming a flower bed.
New solutions for decorating flower beds can be made by hand in the form of structures from scrap materials.
But not every gardener can boast that he has original and interesting DIY water beds. Meanwhile, it is not at all difficult to realize such ideas for a garden or a summer cottage as water beds.
The procedure for decorating a flower bed:
- Dig a hole under the flower bed. The depth should not exceed 50 cm, and the gardener determines the shape and area of the water bed according to his own wishes.
- The perimeter of the flower bed must be made of bricks.
- A plastic wrap is placed at the bottom of the flower bed and covered with a 5 cm layer of sand.
- In the center of the flower bed, plants planted in pots are installed: water lilies, nymphea, egg capsules
- At the edges of the flower bed, a layer of sand is made 10-15 cm thicker. and plants such as iris, calla, and chastuha can be planted in the ground.
- Fill the flower bed so that the leaves of the plants planted in pots float freely on the surface.
- As additional decorations for design and decor, aquatic plants that do not need adhesion to the ground are suitable: duckweed, azolla, vodokras, pistia, eichornia, rogulnik.
If you fulfill the main condition: plants fill at least half of the flowerbed area, then living decorations will delight the whole season.
As a decor in the flower bed on foam sites, you can place several figurines (toys) in the form of fairy-tale characters: mermaids, fish, frogs.
Beautiful ornamental pond waterbeds
Aromatic and sound design
Melodic and fragrant decorations are quite new decor solutions for decorating a garden or summer cottage. But do not forget that sound and aroma should be unobtrusive, complementing the background of natural smells and sounds, not crossing them out.
To decorate the scent of a garden or summer cottage, you can use not only traditional flowers and flowering shrubs, but also fragrant herbs.
If herbs are grown in "islands" that are not too far away and not too close, then interesting waves of aromas can be achieved, the range of which will change depending on your location in the garden.
The smell of herbs differs from the smell of flowers in "exotic" and, indeed, due to the action of aromatic substances, it can affect a person's mood. The following herbs are suitable for aromatic "design": hyssop, rosemary, clary sage, thyme, basil, coriander, oregano, lemon balm, mint, caraway and fennel.
"Musical breezes" are best made with your own hands from scrap materials. In this case, you can choose your own interesting, but unobtrusive sounds.
The most popular for decoration and acoustic design are shell pendants, they create a rustling sound reminiscent of the sound of the surf. It is also easy to make "musical breezes" with your own hands from beads, glass bottles. Very beautiful, interesting-looking and unobtrusive "breezes" made from plastic bottles.
If, after the bustle of the city or a hard day spent in the garden, sit on a comfortable bench in the shade, amid the aroma of herbs and rustle of "breezes", close your eyes, then the imagination will draw beautiful landscapes of unexplored lands.
Small windmills for decorating a garden or cottage Growing herbs in the garden Spicy herbs in the country Beautiful herbs and lettuce in the country Beautiful herbs in the garden, fenced with a green fence
Rutarius as an idea for a garden and a summer residence can bring very interesting ideas to life. In the decor of rutaria, intricate forms of tree roots are used, and they call it the garden of roots.
It turns out that for this small plot you can find your own decoration magic. We all know how bizarre roots are. Fantasy, sometimes, at the sight of a small root, can give out the plot of a fairy tale. And when you fold beautiful combinations and compositions from the roots with your own hands, then in such a rutaria it is difficult not to freeze in admiration.
Interesting design and decor ideas can be prompted by the combination of a site for rutaria and for growing mushrooms. To do this, you need small hemp so that it can be sterilized in boiling water. Then holes with a diameter of 15-20 mm are drilled in the hemp, the mycelium of the mushrooms is mixed with the resulting sawdust and the holes are filled with the resulting mixture. Then the hemp is dug in with holes 10 centimeters upwards and covered for 3 weeks with an opaque film. The stumps are poured under the bases (no need to pour on top).
When beautiful families of honey agarics and oyster mushrooms look out from the stumps, and around there are beautiful and interesting compositions from the roots, it feels like you are in a fairy tale! Real mushrooms grown by your own hands, of course, are better than any artificial decor.
Rutarius and ferns in the garden Driftwood and flower pots to decorate the site Driftwood and cacti to decorate the landscapeSmall architectural form “Girls in the tree” Beautiful driftwood with moss for decorating the garden or summer cottageUnusual driftwood decorationRutarius in the gardenUnusual driftwood in the gardenLarge driftwood and flowers in the gardenBench in the form of an old tree or cottages
DIY garden paths will remain your pride for many years. As handy materials, you can take river pebbles and used bricks.
The construction of the tracks begins with the markings. The dacha or site, for sure, already has favorite trampled paths. It is best to use them for markup. The track must be of the same width and level along its entire length.
After marking, the track is leveled and covered with crushed stone with a layer of 10 cm. It is tamped either with a vibrating machine or with your own hands using a column with handles.
Then the prepared solution is poured onto the area of a small area, leveled. Pre-washed pebbles are interspersed into the solution with a dense pattern, and the brick is laid on the sides with a curb.
To level the area of the mosaic, a shield is placed on top and pressed down with a massive load. If you wash off the solution from the surface of the pebbles, then interesting mosaic patterns will remain on the path.
It is necessary to move from one small area to another when pouring a solution, and lay wooden partitions between the areas. Partitions are needed so that the frozen solution with mosaic does not crack in severe frosts.
Beautiful stone garden pathGarden path made of paving slabsInteresting path made of light paving slabsStone garden path laid on gravelStone garden path laid on the grassStone garden path through the pondGarden path made of stone with lightingBeautiful garden pathOriginal garden path with sea stones
Simple metal toys
Some crafts can be created from scrap metal materials without using special tools for welding and cutting metal sheets.
In this case, wire, screws, washers, nuts and other small parts are used that can be glued or twisted together with the children.
- Take a large nut and glue four inverted bolts to it using hot welding or a glue gun. You will get a blank body with legs.
- Make a muzzle from a short wide screw, gluing it with a leg to the front upper part of the body, slightly lifting the head up at an angle.
- Make the eyes from small nuts, attaching them from above behind the head of the screw representing the muzzle.
- Give the figurine a puppy look by gluing the ponytail and ears.
- With the help of such a base, you can make other animals - a cat, a horse, an elephant, supplementing the blank for the body with the corresponding elements in the form of ears, nose, etc.
Prepare materials for making crafts. You will need 4 small wheels, metal body parts and additional decoration parts: headlights, exhaust pipe, seat seats. The more detailing of the car, the more beautiful and realistic the craft will turn out.
Both boys and girls will enjoy watching the process of creating a toy car.
The body of the machine can be assembled in advance, the parts can be welded or glued.
Attach the wheels to the workpiece, glue additional decorative elements.
The finished car can be varnished or painted.
The technology for creating this craft is very simple and is suitable for making together with children.
In this case, the work consists in twisting the wire in the form of curved parts for the wings and antennae of the butterfly.
The wire must be strong, but flexible enough so that it does not break during operation and easily takes the required shape with the help of your hands.
Make the wings from twisted ovals, decorate them with a patterned ornament in the form of curls and spirals.
For the torso, take a thicker piece of wire or twist several thin wires together to form a torso.
Make the antennae from thin twisted pieces of wire and attach it to the butterfly's head.
Cover the finished craft with colored paint or transparent varnish.
Other insects, such as dragonflies, are created using a similar technique. They differ from a butterfly in a larger body and thin elongated wings.
It is important not to forget about the precautions when working with tools such as a grinder and welding, be sure to use protective equipment - a mask, gloves.